Monday 28 February 2011

ITALIAN VELVET SILVER JAGUAR ACCENT CHAIR 2 AVAILABLE

THIS AUCTION IS FOR 1 MAJESTIC!!



MAGNIFICENT !!



SUPER GORGEOUS !!



ITALIAN STYLE VALVET CHAIR


These chairs confront us with a bevy of questions. From where did they come? To where will they go? How much is one? And, why? Our aesthetic sensibilities bristle.


What is this? A chair? Art? A joke?


It is beyond categorization, and their dwelling place-a warehouse which google street view does not even display-is aptly and ambiguously named "HOME & FINE ART!?"
Curious, I called to ask how much. A heavily accented woman answered the phone, asked me to hold, and yelled at a coworker.


"Are you German?" she asked.
"No," I confessed.
"Where were you born?"
"New York."


She yelled again to someone, no one, for all I know.


"How much is the chair? The Jaguar chair?"
"nine nine nine. Come in maybe I give you good price."


Maybe.


The risk is too large for a piece that would certainly haunt me. I could never understand it's reason for being; together, two uncertain souls, we would be destined for a life of reciprocal "wtf?"
I replied "maybe," and continued my craigslist search.

No comments:

Post a Comment